Connecting students with business - World of Work Week 2012
The Business School’s World of Work week kicks of today, highlighting the need for students to link with the employers and experience before graduation.
Highlights of the week (w/c 27 February 2012) include:
- Global careers: How to find and apply for jobs outside of the UK (Monday 27 @ 11.15);
- Using social media to fast track your career (Tuesday 28 @ 2.15pm);
- A careers webinar organised by the Alumni Connect team on creating a winning CV (Wednesday 29 @ 12noon);
- Careers with KPMG (Wednesday 29 @ 1.30pm);
- Student advice on cracking assessment centres (Thursday 1 March @ 11.15am);
- Choosing to do a work placement as part of your degree (Thursday 1 March @ 2.15pm);
- And presentations from business school alumni from a range of organisations – multinationals to new entrepreneurial start-ups.
For more information or to register for any of the sessions, visit the World of Work office – Derwent 015 or email career skills and placements manager, Valerie Monaghan here.
Hull University Business School's World of Work office is here to help you connect with their students.
They provide a point of contact for undergraduate placements and short-term projects, supporting both the organisations and the students involved to ensure everyone gets the most out of the process.
The World of Work office provides organisations with a wide range of opportunities to engage with their students - the business professionals of tomorrow. Whether for a short-term project to address a specific issue or for longer term support, our students can make a real difference to your organisation. Because their programmes are tied to the needs of businesses their students understand what it takes to engage with the real world of work.
While being an invaluable experience for our students, from undergraduate to MBA level, these programmes can deliver significant and sustainable benefits to your organisation.